Family Play Therapy
This workshop will examine and process through the foundations of Filial therapy, Child Parent Relationship Therapy (CPRT) and directive family play therapy techniques. Case studies, videos, group work and experiential learning will be utilized throughout the workshop.
- Participants of this workshop will examine strategies for teaching parents to interact positively with their children using play therapy techniques.
- Participants of this workshop will discuss an overview of parent education and parent intervention strategies, that includes puppet play, to use in the playroom and in their home setting.
- Participants of this workshop will examine, discuss and process through multi-cultural implications and issues to consider in family play therapy.
- Participants of this workshop will identify Filial therapy and directive family play therapy techniques.
- Participants of this workshop will assess structural family therapy and consider play therapy techniques that utilize its concepts in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will analyze genograms and demonstrate the play therapy technique of family play genograms to use in the clinical or play therapy setting.
- Participants of this workshop will identify play therapy techniques for assessing a family’s structure, strengths, and needs in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will discuss and apply strategies to use play therapy techniques to gain parents’ trust and involvement in the play therapy process.
- Participants of this workshop will examine and discuss the differences between individual and family therapy and how those differences shape one’s own utilization of play therapy in the playroom.
Instructor: Noelle Roe, LCMFT, RPT
12:30-1:00 Sign in, Play Check-In and Overview
1:00-3:00 Workshop Presentation
3:15-5:30 Training Continues
6:00-7:15 Continue Training
7:30-8:30 Training Continues with Conclusion of Day One
8:30-10:00 Sign-In, Play Check-In and Continue Training
10:00-10:10 Morning Break
10:10-12:00 Training Continues
1:00-2:30 Training Continues
2:30-2:40 Early Afternoon Break
2:40-4:00 Training Continues
4:00-4:10 Afternoon Break
4:10-6:00 Training Continues, Wrap-up and Evaluations
- Withdrawal requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Withdrawal requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $50 administrative fee for a 2-day workshops and a $25 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- If a student does not attend a workshop and does not submit a withdrawal request as outlined in the previous sections by the time the workshop is concluded, within 5 business days Heartland Play will issue a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $100 administrative fee for 2-day workshops and a $50 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.