Sandtray in Play Therapy
This workshop will examine the play therapy technique called Sandtray. This workshop will focus on the overall history, supplies, basic concepts and themes of Sandtray Therapy as it pertains to play therapy. This workshop will review the power of Sandtray therapy as it relates to individual, family and group work.
- Participants of this workshop will analyze the Jungian theoretical model as it pertains to Sandplay and Sandtray therapy organization and prep in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will identify the fundamental principles of processing techniques of Sandtray therapy in adult, child and family therapy.
- Participants of this workshop will demonstrate through personal exploration and development the power of Sandtray therapy as it relates to personal growth and goal-setting in the context of adult and child therapy.
- Participants of this workshop will examine common Sandtray themes, with video examples, that focuses on abuse and trauma as the primary client concern in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will discuss the application of Sandtray therapy as it pertains to attachment-based work in play therapy.
- Participants of this workshop will analyze Sandtray therapy concepts central to family play therapy in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will identify and demonstrate 3 Sandtray protocols for use in group and family therapy settings.
- Participants of this workshop will complete a written reflection paper after they have utilized this play therapy technique with a current client after the workshop.
Instructor: Carmy Goodwin, LSCSW, LCSW, RPT-S
12:30-1:00 Sign in, Play Check-In and Overview
1:00-3:00 Workshop Presentation
3:15-5:30 Training Continues
6:00-7:15 Continue Training
7:30-8:30 Training Continues with Conclusion of Day One
8:30-10:00 Sign-In, Play Check-In and Continue Training
10:00-10:10 Morning Break
10:10-12:00 Training Continues
1:00-2:30 Training Continues
2:30-2:40 Early Afternoon Break
2:40-4:00 Training Continues
4:00-4:10 Afternoon Break
4:10-6:00 Training Continues, Wrap-up and Evaluations
- Withdrawal requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Withdrawal requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $50 administrative fee for a 2-day workshops and a $25 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- If a student does not attend a workshop and does not submit a withdrawal request as outlined in the previous sections by the time the workshop is concluded, within 5 business days Heartland Play will issue a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $100 administrative fee for 2-day workshops and a $50 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.