Special Topics in Play Therapy: Attachment
In this workshop participants will identify the basic foundations of attachment theory, models of attachment in play therapy and strategic play therapy activities and techniques used within working with attachment in the play therapy setting.
- Participants of this workshop will analyze the history and philosophies of attachment theory through the play therapy lens.
- Participants of this workshop will discuss and process through academic evidence about the importance of touch and identify its worth in the playroom.
- Participants of the workshop will demonstrate at least 8 attachment-based play therapy interventions to use in adult and child therapy.
- Participants of this workshop will create a Developmental History plan for children and families to assess attachment concerns and implications for play therapy treatment goals.
- Participants of this workshop will demonstrate at least 6-8 attachment based play therapy activities by the end of the workshop.
- Participants of this workshop will create examples of play therapy session plans and strategies for working with parents using attachment play therapy techniques and concepts.
- Participants of this workshop will discuss and experientially process through different attachment styles and how they directly impact the attachment process between the caregiver and child in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will increase knowledge of trauma informed developmental practices related to attachment in child and adult therapy.
Instructor: Bridget Dixon, LSCSW, RPT
12:30-1:00 Sign in, Play Check-In and Overview
1:00-3:00 Workshop Presentation
3:15-5:30 Training Continues
6:00-7:15 Continue Training
7:30-8:30 Training Continues with Conclusion of Day One
8:30-10:00 Sign-In, Play Check-In and Continue Training
10:00-10:10 Morning Break
10:10-12:00 Training Continues
1:00-2:30 Training Continues
2:30-2:40 Early Afternoon Break
2:40-4:00 Training Continues
4:00-4:10 Afternoon Break
4:10-6:00 Training Continues, Wrap-up and Evaluations
- Withdrawal requests should be submitted by email to Heartlandpti@gmail.com no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Withdrawal requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $50 administrative fee for a 2-day workshops and a $25 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- If a student does not attend a workshop and does not submit a withdrawal request as outlined in the previous sections by the time the workshop is concluded, within 5 business days Heartland Play will issue a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $100 administrative fee for 2-day workshops and a $50 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.