Special Topics in Play Therapy: Grief & Adult Inner Child
This workshop will identify strategies for incorporating play therapy into treatment with adults. Applications with grief work in play therapy, including cultural implications, will also be assessed.
- Participants of this workshop will analyze categories of grief and loss through a play therapy lens.
- Participants of this workshop will assess important characteristics, functioning levels, and attributes of a child and/or an adult client to appropriately navigate the process of grief as it relates to play therapy.
- Participants of this workshop will identify developmental reactions and responses to the grief process utilizing play therapy techniques.
- Participants of this workshop will examine the unique role of the play therapist while navigating grief in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will identify the stages of dying while demonstrating at least 8 play therapy skills and techniques to work with the child and the parent system in the playroom.
- Participants of this workshop will explore and share about cultural diversity within grief work in child and adult therapy.
- Participants of this workshop will analyze the history of inner child work as it relates to play therapy.
- Participants of this workshop will examine the need to incorporate the inner child with play therapy techniques based on brain development and research.
- Participants of this workshop utilize a six-step process of healing trauma within the inner child with use of play therapy techniques.
Instructor: Amber Johnson, LCPC, RPT-S
12:30-1:00 Sign in, Play Check-In and Overview
1:00-3:00 Workshop Presentation
3:15-5:30 Training Continues
6:00-7:15 Continue Training
7:30-8:30 Training Continues with Conclusion of Day One
8:30-10:00 Sign-In, Play Check-In and Continue Training
10:00-10:10 Morning Break
10:10-12:00 Training Continues
1:00-2:30 Training Continues
2:30-2:40 Early Afternoon Break
2:40-4:00 Training Continues
4:00-4:10 Afternoon Break
4:10-6:00 Training Continues, Wrap-up and Evaluations
- Withdrawal requests should be submitted by email to Heartlandpti@gmail.com no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Withdrawal requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $50 administrative fee for a 2-day workshops and a $25 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- If a student does not attend a workshop and does not submit a withdrawal request as outlined in the previous sections by the time the workshop is concluded, within 5 business days Heartland Play will issue a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $100 administrative fee for 2-day workshops and a $50 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.