Special Topics in Play Therapy: Infants, Toddlers & Neurosensory Play
Infants/Toddlers Part 1:
Early Childhood experiences set the foundation for self-identity, relationships, and regulation. Within this workshop you will examine brain development, attachment, trauma and challenging behaviors through the lens of early childhood in the play room. Participants will identify the implications of practice with these little ones through experiential play therapy activities that can be utilized immediately. Participants will also make connections with how early childhood knowledge and connections can help with all ages, including adults.
Neurosensory Part 2:
Why is this child always bumping into things? Why is he always chewing on something? Why can’t she sit still? Kids can have some quirky behaviors sometimes. In this workshop participants will become sensory detectives, uncovering and examining all of the sensory systems (not just the 5 we usually think of), and how they can apply them to help clients grow, cope and learn. This play therapy workshop allows for much experiential learning, and subsequent toolbox building, to have a deeper connection of sensory development and interventions.
- Participants of this workshop will examine the neurosensory development in early childhood as it relates to play therapy.
- Participants of this workshop will identify key attachment principles through instruction, demonstration, and experiential engagement as it relates to early childhood and play therapy.
- Participants of this workshop will identify and discuss developmental needs, assessments and play therapy approaches for infants and toddlers in the playroom setting.
- Participants of this workshop will examine trauma and implications of play therapy practice as it relates to early childhood in the clinical setting.
- Participants of this workshop will identify challenging behaviors specific to early childhood and play therapy approaches to apply with them.
- Participants of this workshop will define and experientially process through primary sensory systems.
- Participants of this workshop will explore how sensory system considerations can be utilized to plan for implications in play therapy practice.
- Participants of this workshop will compare how introducing sensory supports and resources in the playroom can increase overall progress in the play therapy treatment plan in early childhood.
12:30-1:00 Sign in, Play Check-In and Overview
1:00-3:00 Workshop Presentation
3:15-5:30 Training Continues
6:00-7:15 Continue Training
7:30-8:30 Training Continues with Conclusion of Day One
8:30-10:00 Sign-In, Play Check-In and Continue Training
10:00-10:10 Morning Break
10:10-12:00 Training Continues
1:00-2:30 Training Continues
2:30-2:40 Early Afternoon Break
2:40-4:00 Training Continues
4:00-4:10 Afternoon Break
4:10-6:00 Training Continues, Wrap-up and Evaluations
- Withdrawal requests should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date in order to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee. Withdrawal requests that are submitted after 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop date will result in a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $50 administrative fee for a 2-day workshops and a $25 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- If a student does not attend a workshop and does not submit a withdrawal request as outlined in the previous sections by the time the workshop is concluded, within 5 business days Heartland Play will issue a refund of the paid workshop fee – with the exception of a $100 administrative fee for 2-day workshops and a $50 administrative fee for 1-day workshops.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Heartland Play will email workshop students at least 5 calendar days in advance of the scheduled workshop date to notify students of the cancellation. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
- Heartland Play reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, students will be notified via e-mail prior to the workshop start time. Heartland Play will notify the students of a reschedule date for the workshop within 10 calendar days of the cancelled workshop. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.